James Hoffmann v60 Brewing Technique: Is It Really Good?
To make 1 cup (250 ml) of coffee:
Amount of coffee: 15 grams
Amount of water: 250 ml
To make 2 cups (500 ml) of coffee:
Amount of coffee: 30 grams
Amount of water: 500 ml
- Boil your water.
- Rinse your coffee filter and preheat your mug with the boiled water.
- Add ground coffee to the filter and make a small well in the middle of the coffee bed.
- Pour water on your coffee beans (use twice the amount of water of your coffee beans used).
- Swirl your v60 until all the coffee grounds are evenly wetted, and let the coffee bloom for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Pour 60% of total brew water to the v60. Slowly pouring, this should take about 30 seconds.
- Let the coffee sit for a few seconds, so some of the water can run through.
- Slowly pour the remaining water on top.
- Stir your v60 with a spoon from left to right.
- After the water has come down to about half-way, swirl for the last time.
- Let the brew finish and throw out the filter.
- Enjoy your coffee!