Training Course: Windows Virtual Desktop - Advanced Deployment - Part 2 - 18 nov
This training is the second episode of a three-part journey focused on Best Practices and advanced techniques that can improve the quality of a Windows Virtual Desktop project.
This second webinar is dedicated to Identity, Monitoring, Diagnostics and Security. The next episode will be available in December.
During the session we will cover:
This demo enables you to show your customer the benefits of Windows Virtual Desktops and M365 (including Citrix’s Microsoft Teams Optimization) via the Citrix Workspace. A ‘Citrix DemoCloud’ account can be provisioned for yourself or your customer.
The WVD QuickStart solution simplifies and automates the WVD deployment process leveraging the power of Azure DevOps. It can deploy a full WVD environment for you with the click of a button.
Azure Immersion Workshop: Windows Virtual Desktop in a Day
Below is a collection of partner resources for delivering the Azure Immersion Workshop: Windows Virtual Desktop (IWWVD). IWWVD is a one-day hands-on workshop for IT Pros (TDM, IT Implementor). The Windows Virtual Desktop workshop provides participants with both the knowledge and skills to accelerate designing and implementing a virtual desktop infrastructure on Azure. The workshop covers product overview, design and architecture, best practices, deployment and management plane options, user profiles and data storage, along with third party tools and licensing considerations. With two hands-on labs, the first hands-on lab will enable participants to create their first Windows Virtual Desktop architecture, create Active Directory groups, assign users, create a master image and then connect to a virtual desktop. The second hands-on lab delves into operationalizing the virtual desktop infrastructure with monitoring, scaling, and image management.
All you need to know about MSIX app attach (3 nov)
During this webcast delivered by Micha Wets (MVP WVD), you will learn more about MSIX app attach.
MSIX is a new packaging format that offers many features aimed to improve packaging experience for all Windows apps.
MSIX app attach is a way to deliver MSIX applications to both physical and virtual machines.
However, MSIX app attach is different from regular MSIX because it's made especially for Windows Virtual Desktop.
WVD Admin - A native administration Gui for Windows Virtual Desktop | ITProCloud Blog
Windows Virtual Desktop is generally available and under continuous improvement. There was the time before Ignite 2019 where no administration GUI was publicly available. This changed with Ignite. The PG of Remote Desktop services releases an in-portal configuration for Windows Virtual Desktop which looks very nice and has a lot of configurable options. See https://twitter.com/RDS4U/status/1189773044094361601 for a preview or check it out in the Azure portal.
Sometimes it helps to have a native GUI to make some configuration. Therefore I build a tool to do this and last night I finished the project (in the current version) and provide it as a community tool for WVD.
Wed, Oct 7, 2020 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM CEST
Wed, Oct 21, 2020 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM CEST
Wed, Nov 4, 2020 4:30 PM - 5:30 PM CET
Here’s what you can expect from this webinar series:
• Learn how you can benefit from selling joint Microsoft/Citrix solutions to your customers
• Discover how to uncover new upsell opportunities with your existing base
• A live demonstration of each joint solution
• New marketing and sales resources you can present to your customers Topics include:
• Oct 7: Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops is the best way to manage Windows Virtual Desktop
• Oct 21: Re-imagining the employee experience with Citrix Workspace and Microsoft 365
• Nov 4: Citrix Workspace with Microsoft Cloud delivers an intelligent platform for work
• Nov 18: Microsoft Teams performance optimization with Citrix Workspace & Citrix Networking
• Dec 2: Why the Network Matters – Citrix SD-WAN and Microsoft Virtual WAN
• Dec 16: The Citrix & Microsoft Alliance Year-End Highlights and GTM Update
Security Fundamentals for Windows Virtual Desktop Environments (29 oct)
Join this webinar to learn about built-in security capabilities for your Windows Virtual Desktop environment that help improve your security posture.
Get technical guidance to help you:
- Understand the security controls available in Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Use multifactor authentication and conditional access to help keep your users safe.
- Configure security tools such as Azure Security Center and Microsoft Endpoint Manager to help protect your infrastructure.
Training Course: Windows Virtual Desktop Deployment Recommendations and Best Practices (8 oct)
Recording is available here: https://youtu.be/F-sE-aKuSBM
Join this webinar to hear from IT experts about recommendations and best practices to help you prepare for a successful Windows Virtual Desktop deployment.
Get guidance on:
- Virtual machine sizing requirements for single and multisessions to help maximize usage and performance.
- Preparing your network for Microsoft Teams to support remote worker collaboration.
- Managed storage options to optimize FSLogix profile containers for your user and regional requirements.
- Optimizing your host pool and image gallery setup for the best user experience.
Training Course: Windows Virtual Desktop - Advanced Deployment - Part 1 - (14 oct) - On Demand
This traning is the first episode of a three part journey focused on Best Practices and advanced techniques that can improve the quality of a Windows Virtual Desktop project.
This first webinar is dedicated to Deployment, Scaling, Backup and Image Management. The next two episodes will be available in November and December.
Training Course: Implementing Windows Virtual Desktop (26-29 oct)
In this online course, you will learn about deploying and managing Windows Virtual Desktop.
Implementing Windows Virtual Desktop: Windows Virtual Desktop Overview and Architecture
26-Oct-2020 | 10:30AM - 12:30PM UTC
Implementing Windows Virtual Desktop: WVD Deployment, Profile management, Identity, and Security
27-Oct-2020 | 10:30AM - 12:30PM UTC
Implementing Windows Virtual Desktop: WVD Infrastructure Management
28-Oct-2020 | 10:30AM - 12:30PM UTC
Implementing Windows Virtual Desktop: WVD Assessment, Migration and Optimization
29-Oct-2020 | 10:30AM - 12:30PM UTC
Is your customer right for WVD? Take these 4 steps to price an offer and decide. - US Partner Community Blog - Microsoft
Picture this: You just finished talking with a customer who has a growing marketing agency. The company is ready for a hardware refresh. But they’re also looking for solutions to better support their modern workforce who works from the office, the field, and from home. The owner is concerned about security and wants to make sure sensitive client information is protected. Given the....